Paul is head of the UK Employment, Pensions and Mobility team. His practice involves him acting for and providing advice to employers in relation to all aspects of employment and labour law, particularly in relation to the technology, media and financial services sectors.
He acts for a wide client base including both UK and many US companies. Paul is an active member of the American Bar Association and the American Employment Law Council, a body of management-sided employment lawyers. Paul also acts for senior executives, particularly those working in financial services, the media or technology companies.
Paul’s work includes:
- Advice in relation to large scale restructurings and redundancy programmes.
- Advice in relation to team moves.
- Advising in relation to the employment issues arising from both asset and share sale and purchase agreements.
- Advising a number of companies on obtaining High Court injunctions to protect their confidential information and to enforce non-compete provisions.
- Defending Employment Tribunal cases including unfair or wrongful dismissal and discrimination claims.
- Advising in relation to outsourcing agreements and the application and implications of TUPE.
- Advising in relation to the termination of employees and the subsequent negotiation of exits including compromise agreements.
- Presenting seminars and training to clients and at conferences on the full range of employment law issues.
Paul is European Co-ordinator for the newsletter of the International Employment Law Committee of the Employment
and Labor Law Section of the American Bar Association. From 2004 Paul has written the annual update of the UK
chapter of International Labor and Employment Laws, edited by William L Keller.