Richard Turner is a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting and is based in London. Richard is in the Corporate Finance segment and leads the tax and innovation services encompassing, IP planning, R&D incentives and the UK Patent Box.
Under Richard’s leadership FTI Consulting has established itself as one of the most progressive firms in this area of taxation. Richard also has significant experience in Life Sciences.
Latterly, Richard was a Partner at Deloitte and part of the UK Healthcare and Life Science leadership team working with over 30 UK headquartered companies in the sector and several global pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
Prior to that, Richard worked as an International Tax Director for PowderJect Pharmaceuticals Plc and Chiron Corporation, spending significant time in the US, Germany and Italy.
Richard has provided input to HMRC and Treasury for R&D tax incentives and patent box.
Recent Professional Experience
- R&D incentive claims for large enterprises and SMEs and related transactional advice and planning
- Advice on licensing and acquisition and divestment of intellectual property rights
- Advising companies on cross border supply chain and transfer pricing
- Developing insight to the clinical supply chain to allow companies Life Science to enhance their R&D tax incentives
- Preparing and presenting Tax strategies for clients and long term ETR modelling
- Advising government and trade bodies on the design and implications for the UK Patent Box regime
- Richard holds a BSc in Mathematics from Exeter University