Patrick MacGloin is a Senior Managing Director in FTI Consulting’s Cybersecurity practice. He has over 20 years of international security experience as a former diplomat and consulting partner.
Patrick has significant international experience in Life Sciences, responding to cyber events, investigating and securing supply chains and conducting multiple due-diligence exercises. Selected experience includes:
- Leading 2019 response to a large scale international ransomware event (liabilities of greater than 15M USD) affecting a healthcare provider.
- Assisted several UK based BioTech and Pharma start-ups to understand and protect themselves in the wake of the Charles River compromise (a key supplier to multiple providers).
- Post-incident investigations for claims exceeding 250M Euro for a well-publicised breach of an international network of laboratories supporting Life Sciences.
- Multiple due diligence exercises (buy and sell sides) for small and mid-cap BioTech acquisitions in Europe, Africa and Asia.
- Secure digitisation digitisation (cloud migration, IoT and manufacturing security) for Life Sciences provides in the Middle East and Europe.
- Design and implementation of national level cyber security assurance programmes for Life Sciences.
Patrick has Masters degrees from the Universities of Manchester and Cambridge. His work for a Dubai government entity received the 2016 Global Cyber Risk Strategy Award from the Institute of Risk Management.
Patrick is involved with several international security conferences and professional bodies, as a contributor and Advisory Board member. Significant bodies relevant to Life Sciences include the RSA Security Conference, the Chartered Institute of Information Security and the IoT Security Foundation.